View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #142
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Dana, IMHO when it comes to HC in the US the Americans want their choices, I suspect we will be losing a lot of personal control over what we currently get out of the system. In some cases that can be good, in some cases it could be bad. I see the potential to do some really good stuff. The question is will they do it. And more importantly, can they do it. The various factions who have a finger in the economic pie are large and wide, and in most cases very rich and powerful with deep pockets. Given our history of reform in this country it will take nothing short of a governmental take over of the whole system to enact real change. And that is where the chips will begin to fall. Because I have seen very few examples of where the gov dove in with both feet and the system did not come out being further bloated, inefficient, and less user friendly to those it set out to help. There are so many variables. And currently we have nothing more than Obama admins "floating" ideas to the press and gauging the reactions. There have not been any concrete plans that people can sink their teeth into. That leaves all the real experts, and talking heads on TV, to speculate. And then don't forget all of this will have to make it through congress, who may or may not rubberstamp what ever they come up with. It's is just a big mess. I could go on but....