View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 10:18 PM   #12
perth
Strong Silent Type

I needed some time away from the cellar. Sorry, and its nice to be missed. Just needed to clear my head. I have been thinking about this post for a while, and I need to go away so I could make sure I was clear on my feelings.

Wolf, I appreciate distinction betwen spirituality and christian faith. I guess I still believe that while Jesus may not have been holy, he was a wise and humble man. People could do worse than following his teachings. But I do mena follow. Not "I believe in Jesus, so I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell. Nyah nyah".

I believe there is room for spirituality in every life. How you choose to fulfill that, or not to, is up to you. Myself? I don't want to be told anymore. I do have some bitterness toward christians, and much of that is likely misplaced. I will work on that, because I do not want to be bitter. But I will never allow myself to be told what to believe again.

And yeah, Dr. Pepper is the greatest beverage known to man. Unless you count beer. Especially if that beer is a nice red colour.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote