View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #242
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
So how does post 238 have anything to do with the post it quotes?

I was saying that I didn't want the person making the decision to be able to profit by not treating me, and you respond by saying they are funded by taxes?
I am was merely pointing out that we are the share holders. You don't want profit makers to make health care decisions for you, I would suspect that is because you think they make decisions based on their ability to make profit. And yet somehow you think anything the government is going to offer up is not going to be motivated by the same thing, money. And in their case it will be cost cutting based on saving them money. How is that different? It is not. They can save money based on a desire to have more for themselves, or they can try to save money based on not spending it on you so more people can have a share of your benefit. And I can't see how you would be ok with the government, or their representatives making health care decisions for you, as in a federal healthcare insurance program will do for you. As I said before if you think it is going to be better, you are sorely mistaken.