View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #336
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
Edit: Are you getting your probiotics out of a refrigerator at a popular health food store that goes thru stock quickly - and checking for the freshest date? That shit dies quickly in the bottle...

Are there any hippy farms around you that make goat yogurt? That might be the better route despite the 'dairy' connection... actually a lot of people believe that the milk sensitivity thing is limited to only some types of cows ie. holstein bad / gurnsey good.
The new probiotics are refrigerated from the start, yes. The old ones supposedly only had to be refrigerated after opening, which never made sense to me, but that's what they said... They actually sell goat yogurt at our grocery store, but Minifob reacted poorly the first time we tried it. They say he might eventually be able to tolerate it after more time. I've got to say, though, the stuff tastes pretty tangy. He wasn't a fan. If I wanted to go really hardcore I could buy a yogurt machine and use my own starter cultures to make almond milk yogurt...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote