View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 08:27 AM   #72
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Quote:
From OC:
You have a belief system. EVERYONE does. What that belief system is could be anything. But it is there. And faith is a form of belief. See all the semantics posts Bruce and I engaged in.
      Not to nitpic, but you specified religious faith. You've dropped the religion here.
      Also, while I agree that faith is a form of belief, not all belief is faith. I believe the earth is round for example. I believe it because not only do I have it on good authority, I've seen it demonstrated.
      Anyway, you say it's not important to this discussion. If I were to casually throw out the idea that everyone here has purple hair would it not divert the discussion a bit? You said we all have religious faith. Your response when here was about beliefs with no religion mentioned. So, again, back up your statement. How do I have religious faith?

As far as evolution is school goes, I repeat, "theory" is in the title. If a kid thinks that means that it is a fact then that child is stupid. Blame the parents. The school gave the child a word and defined it. It's the parents job to inspire the child to translate that to understanding.