Thread: How to be happy
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #70
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You know, people would look at me and say I have everything I could possibly need to make me happy, but I can guarantee you that right now at this particular time in my life, I am not.

Yeah I guess I should just not feel sorry for myself and I should get up and grow a backbone or something right?

Just because someone appears to have an enviable life/style, doesn't mean it's perfect or even cookie cutter. Everyone has their demons and sometimes they get the upper hand, no matter who you are and how much money you have or how supportive your spouse is etc. Is it wrong for someone seemingly enviable to admit something like that and to have found what she thinks are a few tricks to drag herself out of a funk? A few tricks she decided to write down and share for others who might be in the same situation. I don't think so.

A final note, an enviable life is a matter of perspective. I'm pretty sure some starving people in some drought ridden African country might consider living on the streets of America enviable, even if they didn't have a house.