Thread: Gastric Bypass
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #52
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

I had Lapro RNY Gastric Bypass this past December - and I'm glad that I did. It's still a daily struggle - but knowing that I made the choice to do something that will make me healthy helps me get through the day to day grind.

So far, I've lost nearly 60 pounds (depending on the scale, more, or less). I'm down to sizes I haven't worn since I graduated from college, and haven't taken a single med for my Type II diabetes since.

There are great resources out there for folks who are looking into the surgery - or have had it. (obesityhelp.com is one that immediately comes to mind). There is much positive feedback and support there - and folks who pipe up with the 'its their own fault they're like that' are immediately educated on what reality is.

Razz - your family has my support - and if you, or anyone else who wants information on the procedure has any questions, please ask. I'll answer.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote