View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My ex & I used to eat Quorn all the time. Or honestly, the supermarket equivilant.

Soya mince, anyway.
We were the first of our friends to have a house, and very often I'd find myself cooking for eight people.
We bought an extravagently long kitchen table for this reason.

Then and now, I loved one-pot meals.
Given that two friends amongst the group were veggies, it made sense to use veggie mince in my spaghetti and chilli.
I just had to remember it soaked up spices FAR more than normal mince - it could make a grown man's eyes water without intending to!

Shop-bought things with Quorn in seem to be very high in fat (I have checked the calories and fat content on them all, very dull) but I do get that substituting Quorn for meat seems to be A Good Thing.

Additional - chicken-style-Quorn was a feature at many a work do I attended in the NHS. Because, after all, it was acceptable to all religious groups...

Make your work buffets from Quorn, really. Some underpaid admin will appreciate the fact that you did.

ETA - realised what the OT asked!
Quorn is pretty much okay-dokey.
Mince is best - I know a lot of people who use it simply by choice.
"Chicken style" is more expensive and I only used it when I had veggies visiting. But as it was higher fat than chicken it was only a guest thing for me (free-range only - because of course I only entertained when I was employed!)

Last edited by Sundae; 08-21-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote