View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #4532
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Went to see an old family friend (by old I mean of old, not that he is old :P) performing in Blackpool.

I may have mentioned him here before: my bro's best friend from school. Practically lived at our house in that way kids do; like another sibling. He sings and writes his own stuff, but mostly he is a Neil Diamond impersonator. He's part of the 'Legends' show, which puts on shows with several musical 'legends'.

Was a good time. The Diana Ross singer was awesome, as was Freddie Mercury. But Gaz just totally becomes Neil Diamond; it's freaky. He looks a lot like him anyway. There's no sense of him 'pretending' he just totally inhabits the role when he's on stage. Mannerisms and general air and everything. And his voice sounds just like him.

He seems happier and more settled lately. Haven't seen him much at all the last decade or so. Maybe two or three times in 15 years. Last time we saw him was at Dad's funeral. I was so pleased he made it.

It's nice to see him ....comfortable with himself. I think he may finally have got the hang of being content. He was always such a roving soul. A die-hard romantic who always managed to choose the wrong girl and get his heart broken :P But we all grow up. Eventually.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote