Thread: Baby names
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #70
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Well seein as how I forgot about the 2nd child havin' not yet been determined, I will revise for them.
Names for the possible girl from the list I liked:

Aislinn - how is the pronounced? ahs-linn or ase-linn? I like the "ahs-linn" pronunciation. Suggest alt-spelling: Aislynn
Canyon - I like for a girl also
Crimson - Although I'm tempted to say this might be good for a girl, then I thought about when they get their cycles and what a bad name that would be...so no.
Delyth - def like for a girl
Echo - girl name - only echo i ever new was a scrawny slut
Iona - maybe, but sounds kinda old-lady to me
Mab/Maeve - Its old-lady
Cerulean - i like it
Eris - i like this one
Rio would be Ria for a girl, unless your usin' a different language than I am. It might be good for a girl, not as much of a chance of...troubles.
Tirso (family name) - that one is interesting, would it work for a girl?
Zuma - I love this name for a girl, and all the more so since i looked it up and it means "peace"

I would also like to submit Autumn for consideration. I don't know about "popular," "alternative" or all that. I simply think its a great name and season, and if the girl happens to be born at the right time...well its there.
Old-lady names I do like: Theola, Esther, Beulah. All grandma's of mine .

I want to make these changes to my opinion of the boy names:

Auryn - no really, i want to know how to say this is. The spelling is interestin. The meaning is apparently "golden one" but i didn't find a pronounce. My guess would be like "Aaron" but more "Aar-en" or "Aar-in" perhaps "Air-yen". I don't know.
Xanthe - since i've been correct on how this is said, I now like it
Thea - although i've been corrected on how this is said, I still don't like it.
Dresdan - I've decided this name is more awesome, than just OK.