View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #245
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

Your cats wouldn't let me anywhere near them, Monster.Although I think I managed to get one of them to stop running away whilst I was in the area.Without resorting to Crazy Glue.

And ZenGum, if economic circumstances had been slightly better, we should have been moving on from San Francisco to NZ, then on to Australia.Bloody global economic crisis.

The Antipodes are however pencilled in for a forthcoming journey.There's some debate between us on the order forthcoming journeys shall be in, but we've definately been bitten by the travelling bug.(Or at least Persistence has, I just like not being at home.She's the one with the earnings potential and lack of vices,)

From something I remember from years ago, do they make 'pie floaters' in your part of Australia?That delicacy cannot go unsampled by me.

We've been in SF long enough for Persistence to become extremely worried by Oakland.We stopped there under a bridge, to photograph some scrap-metal figures and a slightly mad, but quite attractive community garden.It was only after we'd got out of the car that we noticed the RV shanty-town we'd parked next to.

We also passed by the Oakland Raiders stadium, just as I was mentioning how much I'd like to visit Candlestick Park (home of the SF 49'ers).

'Oh,look' said Persistence.
'There's a football game going on in there,'
I had to explain to her the difference between the Raiders and 49'ers in 'soccer' terms.

We also attempted to visit the Pacific Pinball Museum, but it didn't open until 6pm, and Persistence, still rattled by Oakland, didn't fancy hanging around Alameda until then.(Rightly so, as it was barely 2 o'clock).

We've still got stuff to do, and about 4 days left to do it in.We simply have to holiday harder
They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things.They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning ...They overdo everything - they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.
Aristotle circa 350 BC
diminished is offline   Reply With Quote