Thread: Santa Cruz
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 04:00 AM   #6
bmgb
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
Sounds like a fun read ... stuff weirder than Jack Chick? (I consider Chick Tracts to be the gold standard of religious advertising)
He he. I have this one . Not surprising as it is touted as "world-wide favorite." I think I must have got it from someone in the downtown Mpls Skyway, a long time ago. I think it's good stuff, too. I give Chick points for creativity. I'm not sure if he would qualify as a full-fledged kook in this book ("Kooks"). His views are, unfortunately, not too uncommon.

Religion is just one section of "Kooks: A Guide To The Outer Limits of Human Belief." It covers Anglo-Israelites, Black Messiahs, Apocalyptic fervor, and my personal favorite, the Aggressive Christianity Missions Training Corps.

Other sections are Science (Flat-Earthers), Metaphysics (Raelians), Politics, Conspiracy, Enigmas, and Outtakes. A lot of it is stuff I've never heard of, actually. There is a lot of detail. I would prefer less (short attention span), but it is all interesting anyway.