View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #727
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Excellent speech by President Obama tonight. I especially like the part where he said he will not back down from having a public option and that there WILL be health care reform and he will not allow us to go on with the status quo.

It was also very moving when he talked about Ted Kennedy.

I was disgusted by the scumbag who shouted "liar!" when President Obama told the truth about the proposed health care reform not covering undocumented immigrants. I was also disgusted at the lack of respect and poor behavior on the part of Republicans.

In each and every single presidential speech in front of a joint session of congress I've ever seen during my lifetime, when the president speaks, every member from both parties would applaud and stand up. Even during the stain on American history known as the Bush administration, Democrats had enough respect for the office of the Presidency that they applauded and stood up.

Not tonight though. The Republicans have changed all that with their divisive, disrespectful, and disgusting behavior.