View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #797
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Did you find that part of the constitution that gave the govt the authority to make the louisiana purchase yet? No? Didn't think so.

How about the part of the constitution that gives the govt the authority to mandate health insurance? Or the right to take money from some people but not others to pay for it?

1. It can easily be argued that the United States would be better off if the Louisianan Purchase hadn't happened and the South were another country. The average IQ of America would jump 30 points. Of course, I wouldn't be living in Florida if there were no Louisiana Purchase.

2. I agree that most of what the federal government does is blatantly unconstitutional including health care. But until they stop taking my money to pay for things I don't want, others will have to pay for things they don't want.

I'd prefer not to have any of my money stolen from me, but as long as it is, I'd rather see it spent on hospitals and doctors, than bombs and missiles for unconstitutional wars.