View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #94
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The foamy one.
Mum tried to stop me eating the pansy. I had to sing "Edible Flowers" to her to convince her it was okay. Well, it didn't convince her, but it was a face-off. I'm happier sitting singing than she is listening. Once again I win the game!

And then off for dinner.
We didn't go to Yo! Sushi in Harvey Nicks, because they don't offer the special Blue Monday deal (every plate is a blue plate, £2.20.) We went over to the Haymarket instead, as it was between us and the theatre.

Mum has never been to Yo! Sushi before -she has never eaten sushi at all. I steered her towards the chicken dishes, and lucked out with a couple of good choices from the off. We did have some fish, but I waited to see if she wanted to experiment with sashimi and she chose not to. Fair enough.

We ended up having 7 plates, all of them shared so we got a taste of everything (I know she likes this aspect of tapas especially.) I backed off the ones I could see she was really blown away by and we finished with a fruit salad. We took advantage of the unlimited free water (still for her, sparkling for me) rather than have any more alcofrolics.

Mum adored it. Again, she wants to take Dad. I've told her that Blue Mondays are available in Oxford & Wycombe, so I do expect them to go at some point. She's in Wycombe on Thursday... but of course she'll have other priorities then. Think of her at 15.00 GMT if you would, please.
Attached Images