View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #4613
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Great stuff Ali. Glad things are bedding down a bit

What's making me happy: I went off to uni on Tuesday for induction day: had a really nice time, felt totally reconnected with my goals. Came back buzzing with excitement at the whole research student thing. called at Mum's to grab the dog and she gave me a lift home: walked in to my house to find she'd tidied and cleaned (like sparkling) my kitchen and living room. She's spent the last couple of days chivvying me into action to do runs to the town dump with many black bags of old clothes, broken electricals etc. It's an ongoing project but already i feel lighter :P

Got back yesterday to discover she'd done my bathroom :P I've spent this morning bagging up more junk: just got back from dumping it.

It's been bothering me, the state of the house. But depression set in and I've found it increasingly difficult to tackle it. She's a gem.

On top of that, reconnecting with my study goals has kickstarted the project. I've done several hours work on it in the last couple of days, including starting my research blog (very handy as a way of organising your thoughts) and emailing my supervisor to arrange our first meeting. I've done a very basic (very basic) run down of my thoughts so far, breaking the overarching thesis title down into subquestions and briefly analysing some of the evidence I've identified, and at the same time identifying some stuff I am very shaky on (how to create a usable sample set for example).

I am very happy
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote