View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #2022
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I just got pulled for driving expired registration (as of Aug. 31). The officer said he couldn't give me a warning because they were on some kind of state grant to increase enforcement of traffic fines, but he'd be happy to withdraw the citation if I do the renewal quickly and bring it to court. Bleah.
Went to court this morning. The judge wasn't even in the courtroom yet. There were two cops going through the summary traffic offenses before he came in. The cop who pulled me over looked at my (renewed) registration and told the clerk to withdraw the citation.

The irritating part:

Well, I got up a bit later than I should have. So that's my fault, but my time was a bit tight to get there. However, going down the road I literally had to stop at every single traffic light. (West Chester Pike through Broomall/Newtown Square for those keeping score at home.) I was often in a situation where I could almost but not quite make the yellow. I had to keep telling myself, "Getting pulled over for speeding or running a red light on the way to traffic court... NOT GOOD!!"

Once I got there, the parking lot was full. (Overflowing, actually, as there were a couple people parked in non-spaces.) I had to leave and park up the street a bit. Not too far in the grand scheme of things, but I was already late. I got in at 8:40 for a scheduled 8:30 hearing, so I was already worried it was going to piss off the judge.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote