View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #174
monster
I hear them call the tide

The Thrift store I volunteer at which earns money for the schools deperately needs volunteers They have to do an orientation session first. so I had a GREAT idea to set one up in advance just for families at my school (I'm the school rep) so they could learn with friend and know the date rather than the current system of calling the volunteer co-ordinator and waiting to be told when the next one is. Everyone agreed it was a great idea, so I set up a session for tonight (two weeks ago) and naively assumed since we had agreed the date and I hadn't heard otherwise -and had emailed the only contact address allowed several times about it, it would be fine.

wrong.

yesterday i was getting a little concerned that i'd heard nothing, but had to assume my emails had been read so no news is good news....
grrrrr

(ME last night)

> > Hi Uselessbitch,

> >
> > I'm a little concerned that I haven't heard back from you about this -this
> > is my third email since we talked at the meeting on the 23rd and picked
> > some dates. Please let me know if there is a problem -I'd hate for my
> > volunteers to turn up tomorrow night and there be no session.
> >
> >
> >
> > here's my list for Weds 7th Oct 7-9pm

(HER this morning)

> Monster,
> We need to verify a date for orientation before sending word out for a
> session. I am NOT able to hold orientation on Wednesday Oct. 7. I can
> hold a session on Sunday Oct. 11 from 5-7. I hope you'll be able to let
> your families know that tonight's session is NOT scheduled. Perhaps they
> can attend on Sunday. Thank you.
> UselessBitch
>

(Me.... just right fucking now, I'm so damn mad. I'm gonna get ger job and do it properly. And get paid. She's not even a volunteer -she gets paid to do this! How fucking unprofessional and useless can you get?):

>> Thank you for getting back to me. I am confused as to how I should have verified the date with you further than I did? You said it was good at the meeting on the 23rd and would email straight away if you found it wasn't when you got home. You didn't, so I got the word out straight away. I have emailed about it several times to make sure it was still good and heard nothing -I guess I was naive to assume no news was good news, but it would have been unprofessional of me to tell my families "well I'm not hearing anything so maybe it's not going to happen".

Is is possible for me to run the orientation -do you have notes? If not, can we reschedule for next Wednesday? These families were excited about this date because it's a weekday evening. yes, I can contact them, but I am loathe to because we so desperately need good volunteers in the shop.