View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #1143
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Bottom line is that you can't answer the questions I have posed to you. The Congress will not solve the insurance crisis in this country with this bill. But they will have given the insurance companies a HUGE increase in income paid for on the backs of taxpayers with no caps for what can be passed on to the consumers. The American public is about to be stuck with a huge ass bill that does not address many of the problems in this industry.

The most partisan person in this debate on this forum is you Redux as you defend only one parties plan for change in healthcare reform.
Merc.....I'm sorry you are not willing to take the time to read more about the proposed insurance exchange (on the state level in the Baucus bill) and regional/national level in the other bills...and how the exchange will encourge competition and set standards for pricing and benefit levels (through regulation, not legislation) in order for an insurance company to be included in the exchange.

I haver never shied away from my partisanship and I still firmly believe the Democratic bills are the best and most realistic way forward.

On the other hand, you have demostrated in numerous threads that you are just as partisan as anyone here. You have already judged Obama to be a failure (after only 9 months) ...you think Pelosi is a Nazi.... and you flood the site with the most partisan links of any poster here. So lets not pretend that you are somehow above partisanship.

But, I suspect the other members here are tired of reading our exchanges.

So, I encourage them to read the summaries of the bills and a variety of reports on the propsoed legislation fromi across the political spectrum..and judge for themselves.