View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 06:20 PM   #14
dave

I might as well answer the thread while I'm here...

I play both socially and by myself. I enjoy a good single-player game a whole lot. I also enjoy the camaraderie of multiplayer games.

I play one computer game - <b>Quake III Arena</b>. Specifically, I play Capture The Flag in the OSP competition mod. It's a great game, but what makes it really special is the friends I have through it. I've been gaming with the same group of guys for three years now (and have been playing the game for almost four), and it's been a blast.

On consoles, I love playing games with other people. My friend Andrea and I recently beat <b>Halo</b> (Xbox) co-op. We're working on <b>TimeSplitters 2</b> (Xbox) now. A great party game is <b>Super Smash Brothers Melee</b> (GameCube), which my group of friends and I play regularly, along with <b>Soul Calibur II</b> (Xbox, GameCube and PS2 - I own all three). (Yes, fighting games are popular in my bunch.) I enjoy playing soccer games with Paul (tokenidiot on the Cellar) - we've logged a bunch of hours together on <b>FIFA World Cup 2002</b> (PS2 and Xbox - he has the former, I the latter). I have a ton of games, and if it's good fun to play multiplayer, then I almost certainly do.

But as I said before, I definitely enjoy a good one-player game. I'm looking forward to <b>Half Life 2</b> and <b>Doom 3</b> mostly for the single-player aspect. <b>Metal Gear Solid</b> (PlayStation) and <b>Splinter Cell</b> (Xbox) are both single-player adventure/action/stealth games, and are two of my favorite games ever. Way back in the day, I enjoyed <b>Metroid</b> (NES) and earlier this year was totally absorbed by <b>Metroid Fusion</b> (GBA).

I know people that like to play games only by themselves, and I know people that only play with friends. I'm not in either of those groups. I enjoy a good game, period - whether it's by myself or with friends.