View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #49
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Dana is right. If my problem is alcohol, all I have to do is quit drinking. Easy fix. If I'm an alcoholic, then quitting drinking will have no real effect, except in many cases, such as me, to aggravate the situation, and in the end will become the only solution. Understanding the solution of alcohol to be bad, also has no real effect on stopping drinking for an alcoholic.

SamIam, it seems to me that your perspective is one of a person who reacts differently when drinking then an alcoholic, therefore recommending drinking in moderation as a fix. I really can't fault you on that, how could I expect you to understand, not having had the experience?

SG, I truly hope that you find a solution that is equitable for you. I understand that you are unable, or unwilling at this time to accept what AA has to offer in this arena. I understand, completely, accepting a spiritual basis for living when having no belief what so ever in a spiritual life is to say the least....difficult if not impossible. Again, having had the experience myself, I understand. As for me, some things had to change. Know that today my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote