View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #1569
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
What? I posted a thoughtful and well cited response with "my own original thoughts, opinions and concerns." Just like you asked for. Cited and quoted by the CBO - As impartial as it gets. Heck, you've used them several times yourself.
You have not replied to any of them, yet again. Just more personal attacks and the blame game.

Weak, at best.
The last time I attempted to respond to your "thoughtful" comment that the bill would simply help 30+ million uninsured, you refused to acknowledge the fact that I pointed out that the bill will also help 200+ million people currently insured by providing unprecedented security in knowing that they wont have coverage being denied or go broke as a result of a health issue (among other benefits), and the fact that the bill provides funding to build capacity for the Insurance Exchange, in response to your concern regarding the delay in implementing that piece of the program.

In response to your "thoughtful" comment about Medicare cuts, I offered the response with the fact that the largest percentage of the cuts are in overpayments to MA providers that wont impact patient services. Those services (with a few exceptions like gym memberships) will be provide through other MA providers willing to offer services at a rate 5% above guidelines (as opposed to the current 15%) or will be provided through basic Medicare.

In response to your "thoughtful" comment about paying for four years before any change is enacted, I responded that the facts say otherwise and that there are numerous components of the bill that will be implemented immediately (not to mention that much of the costs are in the out-years). You want more details on that? The bill immediately prohibits insurers from rescinding coverage, imposing life-time or annual limits or denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions and young adults can stay on their parents’ policies until their 27th birthday.....and those currently uninsured will be able to purchase subsidized catastrophic coverage and small businesses that provide health coverage will also be eligible for immediate tax credits.

The above exchanges over the last day or so were what I think Shawnee was referencing with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post

It's not about disagreeing, it's about your dancing about when you have absolutely NO argument. You're maddening as hell in that respect, and you keep at it until someone calls you out for being an ass, then you get to play like you're so flabbergasted anyone could think that.
And I agree with her.

In numerous previous posts over the last weeks and months, I have tried to respond honestly only to have you ignore the facts in my post and/or characterize it as partisan or call me a partisan mouthpiece.

Fool me once (or twice, or three times), shame on me.

I just got fed up with your "dancing" and related bullshit and I wont get fooled again.

And the fact that you still cant or wont admit that your "contributions" to this discussion for the most part have been as partisan as anyone's just reinforces my opinion.

If you and Merc (and Jinx) think that I am just a mouthpiece or dont know what the fuck I am talking about....fine. Its no sweat off my ass.

Dont ask me to respond anymore ....but dont be surprised if I call you out for partisan bullshit or false or misleading cherry-picked lines to suit your agenda from your snips/pastes when I see it.

Last edited by Redux; 12-28-2009 at 10:22 PM.