View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #1581
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
At what cost? that was my question.

Where did it say that? I was specifically looking for that! And I thought it said after 6 months not 3.
My mistake...6 months to cover children with pre-existing conditions on a group plan (3 months for the temp pool for uninsured). Prohibiting rate discrimination means providing coverage at the same rate currently applied to other co-workers (and families)

Quote:
What the hell is that?

Out of pocket is not what I was referring to. I believe that was actually $5,000. I was talking about the cost of the plan.
The IRS sets annual rates for maximum deductables and out-of-pocket for the purpose of deducting HSA expenses for persons who currently purchase insurance on the open market (rather than through a group plan at work). These same rates will be applied to the temporary pool for adults with pre-existing conditions.

I've offered my best understanding of what all this means. I dont have anything else to add.

Quote:
Been there done that - He was less than helpful. I think my limited knowledge was more than his. Really sad when you consider he voted on it. I'm ot done with him yet and he promised to get back to me... I'll hold my breath - NOT.
Keep trying...and your Congressperson as well.