View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 03:19 PM   #25
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
It's that time of year when the little beggars move inside. They're the cute little field mice of so many childrens fables. Granted they carry lice and worse, but they're soooo cute.
True. This reminds me of the time that I was working for a photography company. It was in an old building and had high grass growing outside of one of the doors that lead to the outside. Perfect place for creatures to hide out right?

So, one night, I'm working and everything was fine until...I hear this loud ass scream from across the room. A young pregnant (!!) woman is literally hoping up and down on her desk and pointing. Everyone is like, "Huh?" and then we see it. A cute little brown field mouse...a baby! One of the guys went to get a sticky pad to set out to trap the mouse. Eventually, the mouse ran upon the pad and was stuck. Poor thing: he was squeaking so pitifully..it was too cute, but he had to go! And it was too sad to see him get peeled off of the pad....it looked like it hurt! But, they managed to set him free. We used to laugh and say if we saw a mouse with a patch hair missing, that was "our" guy.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote