View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #82
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
HMMMM. Well, we've had a massive storm rolling through for the last couple days but yesterday it got truly nasty. There was a weather service Tornado Warning (not watch) and the geniuses on the radio didn't know what to do. We don't get tornados in arizona so they were pretty funny.

We lost power about 4:30 and just got it back a little bit ago after sending the kids off to school. We had everything we needed except a small propane grill to make dinner with. This being Phoenix it never popped into my skull that I might have to cook while it was raining so my big ass propane grill out back was not possible. We made do with some cans of sterno and grill cheese sandwiches and cold stuff... but lesson learned. Small dual fuel camping grill goes on the list.
Yea, we live in a Hurricaine prone area so this stuff is part of our regular spring planning. We keep 3 gallons of water per day per person stored in our garage and a large collection of small propane cans for a propane grill. After a while it just made better sense to buy a grill that had a dual purpose of hooking up to the larger tank as well as use the small cans for when we go to the beach or camping or if we want to grill out on the porch when it is raining. So we got this:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...id=2010&brand=

We also have the heavy duty style propane stove for our Low Country Boil or turkey frying.