View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #20
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I did a temp agency job for a market research company, for Sunny Delight "orange beverage."

The first thing we were supposed to be doing was finding qualified people who drank enough of this shit to participate in paid focus groups. Among other weird constrictions, they had to be buying their SunnyD at Wal-Mart for some reason, or they didn't qualify at all. But then if they really, really qualified, I got to try to talk them into an even better-paying gig called a "shopalong," where a representative from Sunny Delight would follow them with a camera on a "typical" shopping trip where they might expect to be buying SunnyD, so they could somehow glean something useful about their "shopping habits."

It was incredibly bizarre. I was most surprised by just how many people I was cold-calling did, in fact, purchase Sunny D at their local Super WalMart.

Of the 15 shopalongs we secured in our 20-person-phonebank 3-day calling blitz, I personally snagged 4 of them. They begged me to keep working there after the temp job was up, but I said hell no.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote