View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 09:25 AM   #212
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Might as well put everything in one thread...

Yesterday the other shoe fell for Sharon: her Tucson boyfriend dropped her. He won't be visiting, won't be moving up in December, seems to have decided he prefers minimum wage on the ranch. She fell apart and drove here directly from work in the middle of the day to cry at me. (She said I should start another thread to mock and laugh at her. This is not what this post is.)

I listened patiently as she wailed about what a loser she felt like for being dropped before her divorce was even done. I told her I was a really poor support system in this particular case. I thought about how anyone else would kick her the fuck out. Then I told her she was a beautiful person with a lot to offer to prospective guys, and that she should stay positive, etc.

So, two conclusions: one, I'm completely "over" her, in that I care about what happens to her but it doesn't affect me personally or emotionally. Two, Sharon has little concept how relationships work, and she will probably have a tough time of it for a while.

I woke up to news that my best job opportunity dried up, and I have great concern for my own situation... but none for hers. We will both go through trying times, of different types, before we find what we're looking for. And apparently that's how life works.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote