View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Feb 10, 2010: Mini-Origami

If you've ever tried Origami (paper folding from Japan), you know it's difficult to plan and to execute.
My attempts have been unmitigated disasters, and there's no way to make it more difficult...

...or is there?

Quote:
Nimble-fingered artist Mui-Ling Teh makes her small, but perfectly formed, creations so tiny they can be appreciated only in close-up photographs. Using only paper, scissors and tweezers, Teh, 23, painstakingly creates 3mm high animals and flowers.

They are reckoned to be the smallest of their kind in the world.

The architecture student, who has worked in England, first experimented with origami when she was nine, using sweet wrappers to create truly dinky toys. She now takes just 20 minutes to make them. ‘I believe my first attempt took me an hour, but later I have managed to fold one in about 20 minutes,’ she said. ‘It depends on my state of mind and how much practice I have had with a particular model, as the process is unique every time.
I think she means the process is unique for each design, but what the hell do I know, I have trouble folding a handkerchief.

link

via