View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
Cloud

I disagree Skysidhe. My local Bobbi Brown salespeople at Dillards seemed well trained in their line. I don't know if they were licensed cosmetologists, but they knew their line well enough to help me pick up a lipstick that matches my skin color.

To reiterate: Ask for help, and look for a lipstick that matches your natural lip color. Sometimes there are several close ones, and in several formulations (creamier, glossier, etc.). And remember, in the end, it's your decision. You don't have to be pressured into choosing something you don't like, regardless of what the salespeople tell you.

You don't have to choose Bobbi Brown. But I think if you choose a good department store, and look at the saleswomen (or men) there, and choose one that has expertly applied makeup and seems knowledgeable, and ask specifically for help for that one thing, i.e., "I need help choosing a lipstick that matches my natural lip color, and a tutorial on applying it" you will find what you need.