View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #33
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I'll Stick Up For April

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Wait a minute, the people that gathered over the weekend may be active and vocal but still represent less than 1% of the membership in the Cellar. Any opinions that group expressed are just that, opinions. Besides even a group that small, of the Cellar wackos, couldn't reach a consensus.
Tony, and only Tony, is judge, jury and executioner for he owneth the plug. As far as I can tell, he's pretty damn tolerant and willing to let the Cellar grow as it will in scope and direction. I think he's taking a cue from the way Katkeeper raised him.
This business of be nice, play nice and speak (write) nice or shut up, will kill the Cellar faster than a power outage. Maybe we need a smiley with a zipper mouth for when we don't have anything nice to say.
Dave, do you have a little Dave or Davette stashed away you're not telling us about?
Yeah, I 've been thinking more about that shot that dave took at me:
Quote:
Originally posted by dave
Just so you know, homeboy, there were some discussions about the Cellar this weekend and I don't remember anyone being particularly enthusiastic about you. I actually had the kindest words. You might not be as outwardly annoying as she was at first, but you haven't impressed anyone either. So perhaps before making fun of others you should examine your posting habits.
And the more i DO think about it, the more I think it was a chicken shit cheap shot. Now, maybe you didn't put a lot of thought or malice into it, but the way you phrased it gave me pause on a couple levels.

first off, to tell me that the people ( who are pictured in the thanks thanks thread) were talking about me and not too impressed is shitty. I'm sure, IF that's true, they wouldn't appreciate you telling ME that. This is the impression you gave, but when i re-read it, you didn't even say that, you just said, "I don't remember anyone being particularly enthusiastic about you."

second, you take the position of being the one who had said the "kindest words". very nice of you. so, here, while you take a shot at me vicariously through the other people at that party, you stand out of the line of fire by saying you had my back......yet, you are the one telling me that there were (at least infer that there were) negative feelings toward my "posting habits"

I see that you post quite a lot in here, Dave, and the people seem to respect you. For the most part, your views are well thought out and accurate. So why the low blow? juju attached the thread that related to the honeypot thread, and in it you said this:

" For me, the Cellar is something really special. I don't want it to ever go away - especially because it got too popular and the crapflooders started coming here. If we're still a "community", I'll be a member."

I can appreciate that, and I agree. It's just that of course, I don't think I'm a crapflooder or an asshat.

I realize that I have not contributed nearly what you have to this forum, but I also think that I DO have something to offer. Time will tell. I'll try to be more impressive, too.

Last edited by lumberjim; 11-20-2003 at 11:45 AM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote