View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #1725
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I didn't want to create a thread in technology for this, but randomly complain about my experience with the Smartpen as shown in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF11--7iN40

I bought 2 and neither worked, they did not record at all, not in audio or on the page....After trying to spend several hours with customer service trying to update the software and unable to uninstall the accounts created on their internet platforms and 4 days of returning and exchanging the item....It would not record...I loved it so. I held on to much hope.....

What did work that was cool outside of the major functions that were supposed to work that did not?

I was able to draw keys to a piano on the smart paper and actually play the keys, with audio notes pouring out of the pen. Cool!

I was also able to use a small portion of the translator option as it was a demo, and write in English, I was able to hear the word in the corresponding language Cantonese etc...after writing the word. Awesome qualities to the Smartpen...

Smartpen- I hope you are functional some day! I read the online bulletin board for the product. Unfortunately I was not the only one experiencing issues not only with the product, but with support.