View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #5301
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Have been productive today.
Got my bills paid, even paid my rent arrears despite the bank being closed when I arrived - some kind of computer shut down. Doesn't sound like anything to be proud of? Well, no I spose not. But a coupla years ago I'd have decided it was "a sign" and gone and spent the money! This time I checked the bank before I got the bus - it was open again.

Got Grandad his KFC - you don't have to worry about occasional takeaways at 87. Chatted to the weird family who live across the court on the bus. Hand delivered a card for Mum, walked a mile to feed the ducks (and a mile back), took delivery of a pile of leaflets for the LibDems to put through doors - I'm campaigning for them this election.

AND. Not about feeling productive, but about feeling happy. Had an email from a lady who booked a room at Ty Rosa thanks to my review on TripAdvisor, and video on YouTube. People like to know what they're getting. She's in Cardiff for about a week because her daughter's ship is in. I wished her a good stay and asked that she passed my regards on to her daughter in the Royal Navy. I don't do much for our Armed Forces, but if at least I recommended a Mum a good place to stay it's something.

Oh, along those lines, I sent Sarge another card. Anyone know how he is? I'm kinda sending post into a vacuum here, and I can't help worrying about him.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote