Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #838
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Seriously. My anger wasn't at you. But the topic we were discussing was making me angry. Which is why I tried to soften my post with a ':P'

This is one of those subjects which I find deeply upsetting and angering. Having seen people's lives wrecked not just by drugs, but by the way society deals (or fails to) with drugs and drug use. Sometimes I'm better off stepping away from the argument before I become completely incoherent with frustration and rage. Partly at the subject and partly at my inability to articulate why I am angry. These days I actively avoid documentaries about drugs and drug use because I just end up incandescent and upset; regardless of whether they're pro or anti legalisation. The entire subject is a red rag for me, much like the subject of asylum.

You put forward good points. I don't have the answers. But I 'know' that the current method of dealing with this problem is failing and harming those who do use drugs without in any way reducing drug use more generally. It is that system I am angry with, not you. But I find myself unable to be reasonable on the subject sometimes and, frankly, you deserve better than me ranting as an answer to your points *smiles*

Last edited by DanaC; 04-20-2010 at 12:39 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote