View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I've heard Maya speak live, twice, and when it comes to things totally unlike the Big Bang...she is wonderful to hear speak.

You know, too, I remember my ex talking about what the band charged for events, or wedding receptions. He said no one thinks about hauling the shit around, sometimes up and down stairs, all the practice, the years learning the stuff...

Putting a high price tag on something doesn't make it quality, but for the most part, you pay more for the really good stuff...in just about anything.

On a much smaller level, I can pay a chick at Slash~n~Dash 3 bucks for a haircut (and I have!) but it's not going to be the nice cut I get for 17 bucks more...which will look a lot better and last a lot longer (good cuts always do) and so, it's worth it.

Glasses perhaps seem more disposable than your wedding pics. It depends on what is important to you. And people think "well, it's not like I'll have these glasses FOREVER." Yet good feeling and good fitting could lengthen the life of your glasses, I would think. No falling off and pushing them back on your face.