View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #5570
monster
I hear them call the tide

Could you two please take a step back and look at yourselves?

Do you see Shawnee as subhuman or something? I wasn't here either, I didn't see the posts and I'm not known for my empathy, but it's clear even to me that this was a point where she needed a little sympathy and little TLC.

Clearly HLJ had bad timing with whatever joke he was making, realized it and rescinded it, by which time our heroine had repaired the chink in her armor with a little bravado. It's not martyrdom, you fuckwits. It's an emotional survival technique that some of us use. If you had a human bone in your body, you'd realize that now was the time to leave well alone if you had nothing supportive to say. But no. I pity your wives and daughters.

Yup, she went a little postal. I woulda too. And now she's gone. She was a stone in the cellar foundations. you guys are just roofing shingles. Or pvc siding. or something. Or maybe that wooden trim that attracts carpenter bees.

So this is upsetting me today

and pass me that martyr crown because I actually came here to post about what was upsetting me, but now I don't care whether you express sympathy, concern or ridicule. Go ahead, have at it. Invite the chode to join the party. Taunt away without fear of my scary response. No I'm not leaving the cellar (dream on) but I'm all done with this for a while.

bitch on, bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Sorry Shawnee, bad timing on that joke. Please re-post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Nah, it's OK. I just needed an ear, then I realized maybe I don't need these ears, as reaching out is frowned upon if one is a jokester.

It's all good.