View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
Madman
has left the building.

That's sad. I already had two kids at 25. No, it's not sad that I had two kids at 25 - It's sad the parents were trying to be so controling over their kids. From the description, I kind of wonder if they were really their kids. Most kids will eventually submit to their parents physical abuse - unless they're simply used to it.

You're right though. They (the parents) were being assholes.

Kind of a funny story here...

Some time back I was watching my grandsons (ages 4 & 6). Well, I had to take my wheelchair bound mother to the store and I had the boys. I'm a multi-tasker so WTF I thought. Hopped in the car with the boys, drove to mom's, got them out, knocked on the door, opened it and all hell broke loose. Cat ran and hid, mom's face sunk and the boys commenced jumping up and down on her sofa and started a pillow fight. I'l like "Hi Mom! Wanna go to the store?"

So I helped her to the car (she can walk okay) and we went to the store. The boys really weren't too bad. They were pretty excited because #1: Grandpa was watching them and grandpa is cooler than a popsickle. #2: They got to see their great-grandma (even if she wasn't to excited about it) and #3: I gave them cake and ice cream for breakfast so they were pinging from a sugar high. They really weren't too bad at the store. I only got after them once and that was when they started beating on each other in the soda aisle. Other than that their behavior was normal for those two.

Long story short... It all worked out okay. Mom got her groceries, the boys got out and I was getting everything done early so I could have a nice relaxing evening.

Next day: Mom called and asked me what my point was in letting the boys "act out" the way they did. I asked what she meant and she explained they never minded me. I was totally confused then. The boys did everything I told them to do - everything. I asked her to expound and she stated they were running around, fighting & screaming. I told her she just wasn't used to little kids - especially brothers who are so close in age. Then I told her that they were pretty excited because grandpa was watching them and they got to go to the store with their great grandma too (I didn't tell her about the cake & ice cream). However, I did emphasize the point that it's a little tough to push someone around in a wheelchair and watch two little boys at the same time.

Mom... a sweet old lady, but a dedicated drama queen.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote