Thread: It gets better?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

It gets better?

I posted in Current Events about a series of videos being made to help gay kids realize that they are not alone and that once they get out of the confinment of school where they have no choice of classmates, it gets better.

And I was reminded that 10% of people are gay.

Hmm.

We have one openly gay and a few questioning/bi posters here. Out of thousands. Fair enough, probably not a very gay friendly forum....

But what about our kids? more than 10 of us have children, but no-one posts about their worries/concerns/happiness that their child is/appears to be gay.

Taboo much?

I have three kids. Both boys have done girly things, the girl did all boy stuff until about a year ago. I don't give a shit if any one of them is gay, but I'd hate it if they felt they needed to hide it from me. Would i talk about it on the Cellar? No, I have to admit, probably not, because there's still so much prejudice and nastiness and their peers are way better at interwebs searching than I am at being anonymous.

That sucks.