View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #65
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I offer this list in the spirit of the OT, but I'm not completely happy with the terminology. If I was listing people I would like to exert a gentle sucking motion in my nether regions, none of these people would be on the list.

People who don't press the button on a pelican crossing
People who press the button on a pelican crossing when it's already been pressed
People who press the button on the bus when it's already been pressed
People who talk too loudly, especially when saying things which I know to be untrue
People who use their phones in QUIET CARRIAGES! (I confront them and feel like a bitch afterwards. but the whole point is mobile phones are banned in those carriages)
Service staff who don't do their jobs properly (I know what properly is - I worked it)
Drivers who don't indicate
Drivers on their mobile phones - the majority of whom do not indicate
Drink drivers
People who say "You need to earn my respect" (usually teens). No - I respect all humans simply by the fact they are human. If you want to, you can earn my disrespect.
People (usually young mothers I'm afraid) who have no peripheral vision, so that I have to walk in the road or on the grass verge - muddy this time of year - when overtaking as a pedestrian
People who say "charity begins at home" as an excuse for not giving to charity, forgetting they've also not given to any UK only charities
Women who walk into pubs and make no eye contact at all with the barmaid - even when ordering a drink - RUDE!
Any journalist on the Daily Mail or Express/ their Sunday versions
The people responsible for sexist and anachronistic adverts
Anyone who remakes a film just to put it into an American setting (I will not be watching Let Me In unless it's raved about by Dwellars)
People that wait until they are told what the total is at supermarket checkouts before even looking for their purse

Once again, I admit that although I am a bleeding heart liberal, I do have a seething reactionary heart. I could probably add to this list every day. Medication has helped enormously, but I still get frustrated by people who don't conform to my internal rules, even though they don't know them. As well as those that break the rules I was brought up to honour.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote