Thread: Feeding America
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #43
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post

All you want to do is expound the virtue of political correctness and call me a homophobe to prove your right.
Got fuck all to do with proving anybody right. Got fuck all to do with 'political correctness'. I found your use of the word dike as an insult, very offensive. Why? Because it's homophobic. It also has connotations of an accusation of gender non-conformity: suggesting that by being forthright and opinionated (loudmouthed and ranting) this is somehow 'masculine' and lacking in femininity.

Quote:
Don't be full of bullshit Dana. This isn't about you appeasing Monsters feelings;There is no way you think she is hurt over anything I have said. Not the way she is capable of talking.

Why don't you look at the big picture, if possible.
I have no idea whether or not Monster was offended. I have no idea if she is hurt over anything. I rather suspect she isn't.

I didn't jump in because I though she was hurt. Nor did I jump in to defend her per se. I did jump in because I thought YOU were out of line and being a bitch. In a thread I'd started. For no apparent reason. A homophobic bitch at that.

You launched an unprovoked attack on another poster, and then when she came back at you, you called her a loud-mouthed ranting dike.

Now, you can sit here and say you didn't mean it as 'lesbian'. But the sentiment doesn't scan with the rest of what you said.

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck about what you and Monster think of each other. Nor, generally, do I give a fuck about whether you insult each other. This isn;t to do with 'defending' Monster. In fact it has nothing to do with Monster at all. It's about you.

I was surprised and a little disappointed that someone I once thought well of would stoop to such a low.

But hey: you go right on ahead and keep defending your right to be a bitch. Defend your right to be insulting and homophobic. Defend your right to use the kinds of insults that help to underscore and strengthen accepted gender norms and set the person insulted outside of those norms.

And just to go back to your accusation that I am just being 'politically correct'. I am political. I have strong political beliefs that underscore everything i do and everything I am. You see 'political correctness' as somehow a bad thing and a small thing. I see a political awareness of the impact of one's language and a personal sense of responsibility to not cause social harm through the use of language as a good and positive thing: because I am looking at the big picture. You, however, clearly are not seeing beyond your little scrap with Monster.

Last edited by DanaC; 11-25-2010 at 02:01 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote