View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #74
monster
I hear them call the tide

Today, I'm a tad apprehensive because Thor's hockey team has been offeed the chance to play at the Joe Lewis Arena (home of the Redwings) before the Wings' game on Monday (and an intermission shootout) Not a chance to pass up, but
(a) not a good time for extra cost -tickets are cheap by Wings' standards, but our budget is tight
and more apprehensively: (b) I don't know Detroit, the whole idea of it scares me, driving the kids downtown, finding where to park, finding the arena, not geting mugged.....
(c) being forced to decide tonight. I can cope with the things that scare me if I have time to formulate a plan, prepare, etc but we were offered this on "stand-by". Of course there's no eal decision to make, he's going to play, but we still have to decide how many of us are going with him

...oh, and, of course, it's ion the night of the swim team banquet, the one where he'll get his medal for not only his first ever top 8 place at championships, but 2nd in the Fly. He might even get his first ever MVP or most improved trophy..... but looks like Hebe will be accepting them on his behalf -he wants to go to the Joe. Who wouldn't? (?me)