View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #52
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I agree, but with the exception of the actually "drop and stay". Or "stay and drop", which ever you prefer...

Quote:
It's true that many illegal immigrants are having children in the U.S. However, we are not convinced that "drop and leave" is a phenomenon. The data suggests that the motivator for illegal immigrants is the search for work and a better economic standing over the long term, not quickie citizenship for U.S.-born babies.
Bottom line is this:

Quote:
These statistics suggest not only that the number is large, but is also growing.

To offer a concrete example, we found a 2006 article from the Dallas Morning News about Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, a safety-net facility for poor residents. As many of 70 percent of the roughly 16,000 women giving birth annually at the hospital were immigrants who were in the U.S. illegally, according to one survey cited in the story.
I see it more as another wedge issue by Republickins but it has validity if you have concerns about stemming the tide of illegal immigration, which I do, and if you do not support whole scale amnesty programs, and I do not.

(all from link #4 above)