View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #3167
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I used to look at it that way until I watched them bend over backwards trying to help horrible people/parents improve their home life. Where I am they virtually never remove so we get to watch slow motion train wrecks punctuated by extreme violence. People love those welfare checks so they'll fight for their them er their kids. The home interventions are all contracted out so there is another financial incentive to keep them in the home. By the end of this insane year, I'll have a firmer grasp of what they do, attempt to do, and don't do.
back BP (before prison) I was on a jury for a week in a capital murder case. guy beat the hellyons out of his 2 year old boy. left him to suffer for 3 days before he died. cps had visited numerous times. they would call and set up appointments to visit which i think is wrong. they should do surprise visits imo. he was supposedly living at his mothers so when said appointment was made he would go to mom's and prep the place to make it look hospitable when in fact he and his g/f were living in a trashed out apartment. i still shudder to this day from remembering the pictures provided by the prosecution. i know and understand cps has a huge caseload especially in the densely populated cities however i think there is a lot of room for improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Cover your ass, Griff, cover your ass, and remember you can't do that from the middle.
wise words indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Or you could consult a really good lawyer. Esp if they could make a case using the said vid as proof you were wrongly incarcerated. Just because the cops saw it doesn't mean much. They may just not want to deal with it. If this woman is a menace then she must be stopped and this may help build a case against her in the long run. I might tuck it away, but I do not think I would get rid of it.
right on. that's what i'd like to do with the vid. hell the houston police will never admit that they're wrong. if i can find a lawyer that would take the case they can have the wrongful compensation that innocent prisoners get when proven innocent. i just want my name cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
My focus is getting the kids to a place where they can perform in the classroom. I didn't drop a dime on anyone. Some brought the police into their own lives the rest have apparently pissed off neighbors, relatives, and landlords. We monitor the kids physical health on a daily basis and note problems. The most dangerous parents to deal with also have long rap sheets and other troubled kids in the district so they can try to make my life miserable but in the end they won't get much love from the system.
not to mention the mental issues that these people have. some of these people just can't help it. IQ's of 80 - 85 or lower. i'm not trying to be funny here but this kinda is, the other day we had a birthday party booked at work. these people couldn't drive a go kart worth a shit! i'm stressing the importance of using the brake pedal when exiting the track and this one lady, when i was seating the next ride, said "they can't help it. their parents are cousins" and not from the married related side.