View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #6344
lookout123
changed his status to single

A recap of my last 8 months? I know you didn't ask, but here you go.

After spending my entire post-military adult life in sales/consulting I closed down my company and decided that high end potential and fantastic months were less valuable than consistant predictable life. I took a position with a very large corporation in a non-sales capacity. I spent a little over 6 months on a project that you've all seen in the news, and without tooting my own horn too much... I fucking rocked it. I knocked it out of the park. Actually my whole department blew the expectations straight out of the water and I blew the department averages into unrecognizeable smithereens. Woohoo, I rule!

What's that you say? my reward for doing more than you asked is to get laid off? Why? Did I not do more than you asked? Did I disappoint in some way? Oooh. I see. I have less seniority than the 4 employees who are literally on final written warning for being lazy and incompetent. I understand. Thanks for your letter of recommendation. The hour and a half notice you gave me that I was unemployed was more than I could have possibly asked for. Fuck you sideways.

And that has been among my top 25% positive experiences of the last 6 months.