View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
The suggestion that union members cannot "reserve the right to choose who that money should go to" is a myth.
Incorrect.

Quote:
It seems to me that union members should have the same rights as any Americans to voluntarily give to a PAC of their choice.
You would be mistaken. The money is automatically deducted from the payroll.

Quote:
The extremist (and misleading) libertarian views of Neal Bortz from your post are not shared by most Americans.
Libertarian is not extremism. Although many would state that it is a branch of the conservative views, Bortz is a popular commentator on current events and does not affiliate with any particular party, which is why he is so popular.

Quote:
From everything I have read, the public is on the side of the unions on this one...
Then you would be mistaken again.

Quote:
....recognizing that the unions have demonstrated more concern for the middle class and working poor than Republican governors and legislators who are ready to cut numerous programs that go beyond the union's direct interest or the issue of dues check-offs and to the heart of millions of people living from paycheck to paycheck, while the wealthiest taxpayers and corporations get more tax breaks.
Straw man argument. This is not about all Unions. This is about public sector Unions which represent only 15% of all Unions but also represents a major portion of States unfunded monies that will be owed to support the retirement and health benefits.

Quote:
...busting the unions simply because union members lean towards voting Democratic.
I have no problem with that when it is tax payer monies being funneled to one particular party, well over 90% of the funds.