View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #75
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
not sure where the southern/yankee thing comes in?

Rather than relying on Wikipedia so you can turn around and belittle the poster for that, as above, I turned to Websters Dictionary, which defines brackets as:

"either of the pair of signs [ ], or sometimes < > used to enclose a word or words inserted as for explanation, quantities to be taken as a single quantity, etc."

parentheses are not mentioned.
Well you said you stayed awake in English, so one would think you could manage a litle Gone With The Wind reference? Or should we call it American in your case. When trying to solve an international language difference, let's see, shall we use an American dictionary, or an international source readily available at the fingertips? Hmmmm. One which actually does contain the answers you seek. I would post them for you, but, Miss Cloud O'Hara, it's about damn time you learned to do some stuff for yourself. Or you could not think about it today, if you can't possibly bear it, after all, tomorrow is another day.