View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #6712
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I should have said this ages ago: but it made me really frikkin happy on the day: Brucey-babes sent me a t-shirt It's a promo t-shirt for a hotel. It's awesome. A shade of brown that I only ever see in American designs and even the choice of font on the lettering is retro Americana (looks like that to me anyway ;p).

I frikkin love it. Looks awesome with combat/cargo pants, and a shagged old pair of converse

Anyway. That's a belated Happy thought.

For today: It's Ma's birthday. So we're having a barbeque in my Bro's back garden. Always a dleight. It's basically a stretch of land that continues up into the woods. Trees and wildflowers and treehouses, and oddities scattered about the ground and trees. Like something from Kinsey's acid trip grounds. A decked area, some animal pens (ferrets with their own underground runs leading from pen to pen, a pond with coy carp, and several grassy areas, one of which is a camomile lawn.

All on a hill leading up from the back of the house. have to go up steps to get to it. There are different areas that have been made a little more level (and of course the decked area I already mentioned) and serve as natural gatehring areas, but the whole thing retains the feel of a wooded hill, becoming gradually less garden-like and more natural woodland as you move up into the trees.

Because it's our Martin who's pretty much done the garden, it is also full of fun stuff. Rope swings, and hanging chairs, hammocks and a big swing made from tyres that looks like a strange rocking chair.

And of course dad's tree.

It's a lovely sunny day, so should be a pleasant evening.

Mum still has no idea she is about to become the proud owner of an I-Pad2 :p I can't wait to see her face.

Last edited by DanaC; 04-22-2011 at 08:29 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote