Thread: Dieting...
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #56
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
We're not allowed to eat at our desk technically. Technically we aren't even allowed to have open drinks, so they are supposed to have a top. We generally only follow such rules when we have VIP visitors though. I still have my braces though, so I tend to stay away from harder foods like granola and nuts. The meal drink might work OK. I used to eat fruit bars until I got sick and tired of them. I'm not convinced they're very good for you either. Sometimes I eat an apple (sliced up before) and dole out the slices slowly...
Is this the beginning of a food plan for working days? If you really have no breaks at all then:
a) meal replacement type drink in cup-with-a-lid (or miso soup in insulated cup) on your desk, sip regularly
b) cut up apple (what other fruit/ vegetable appeals to you in this way? Carrot? Banana? Grapes ...) in box to be nibbled when possible.
If you get a break (surely you should get a couple in a ten hour shift?) then try to make sure you do eat (something sensible) at that point, even if you don't want to. It is true that not eating for ten hours is going to drive you straight to the fast-food joint on your way home ...