View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #1232
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

@ Infi: Ooooh. Intriguing title and has PSH in it. Gonna go find me a copy of that pronto!

I've been on a documentary kick just lately. Been buying boxsets on Itunes Wonders of the Solar System, and Wonders of the Universe (Love me a bit of Cox) were awesome. Seen them before in bits on tv, but this was first time I sat and watched from start to finish.

Also, just finished the box set of A History of Ancient Britain, and finished watching A History of Celtic Britain on tv (same historian, they follow directly on from each other).

I also have the first couple of episodes of Human Planet downloaded and ready to go!

Am now starting on Michael Wood's 'Story of England'. I love Michael Woods. He was the first historian to really reach me. Watched his Domesday series when I was 12 years old and fell in love with him and his subject :p

Here's a clip of Woods in the early 80s, from his In Search of the Dark Ages series. His style is very inclusive (to me) and he framed things in a way that fired my imagination and fascination.

And a more recent clip from 2009, the opening to his In Search of Beowulf (or, 'On Beowulf' in the US):

Last edited by DanaC; 05-04-2011 at 06:55 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote