View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Jill
Colonist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post

There should be no resolution. There should be no discussion. The public does not need and has no need to know.
The public doesn't need to know what? This doesn't make sense. Care to explain?
Quote:

If this were the Bush administration they would be accused of jingoism, fear mongering, and political grandstanding. But because this is the Obama administration it is "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!", without a whimper of protest from the left. What hypocrisy.....
If George W. Bush had actually managed to kill Osama bin Laden, not a single person in this country, including those on the left, would have one word to say against a friggin' House Resolution honoring the troops who successfully carried out the mission.

What many of us on the left objected to with Bush, was his FAKE "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" event that was nothing more than a photo op for no reason whatsoever. Nothing was actually accomplished.
Quote:

Shame on you bleeding hearts!

Supporting assassination.
I don't understand this, either, except that I guess you're just trying to turn the argument around. Though I have to say it was a pretty unsuccessful attempt.

Now, instead of using this as an opportunity to bash liberals, would you mind commenting on the subject of the OP? Do you agree that the House should not pass a Resolution in honor of the Special Forces Team 6 that took out the Most Wanted Man in the world?
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote