View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #298
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I've been getting back into Never Mind the Buzzcocks just lately. For those that haven't heard of it, NMtB is a British, music based, panel quiz. It's been going for about 17 years. It used to have a regular host and two regular team captains, but the past couple of years they've been using the 'Guest Host' format. I much prefer the guest hosts to regular hosts, because the show has a different feel each week, depending on the host, whilst still feeling like the same show.

So, here's a clip of one of my favourite recent shows, hosted by David Walliams (of Little Britain). The two team captains Noel Fielding and Phil Jupitas (they sit at the centre of each team) are the only two regulars.

To explain Walliams a little: he is a straight guy who is quite effeminate and an occasional transvestite, whose comedy partner (Matt Lucas) is gay. The press have had an unhealthy obsession with Walliams' sexuality for most of the time he's been famous. Fuelled by the fact he'll flirt with anyone, male or female. On the one hand he has been linked to a stream of famously beautiful It-Girls, whilst also appearing to be 'gayer than Christmas' as one reviwer put it. He was always cagey about answering those questions saying that it shouldn't matter. He's recently married a top Swedish model.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote